Test Status (was: Re: [squeak-dev] The Trunk: Monticello-bf.525.mcz)

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Thu Sep 20 21:16:38 UTC 2012

On Thu, 20 Sep 2012, Frank Shearar wrote:

> On 20 September 2012 18:35, Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu> wrote:
>>
>> #testMinimumNegativeIntegerArithmetic is failing because of a bug in the VM.
>> You'll need a VM with Nicolas's patch applied to make it pass.
>
> OK, but then for the Official Squeak 4.4 VMs we'll want to use a
> patched VM, right? I'd like to be able to say "with the released 4.4

Hopefully yes. :)

> we KNOW it works with VMx X, Y and Z on platforms A, B and C" as a
> minimum.
>
>> #testMethodsWithUnboundGlobals,
>> #testClassRemovalAndRecompilcationWontCreateDuplicateVariableBindings and
>> #testNoObsoleteClasses fail (the last one might pass depending on the order
>> of the tests) because if you remove a class from the system which is being
>> referred to and then create a class with the same name, then the existing
>> bindings will point to the old class (which is obsolete) instead of the new.
>>
>> #testUndeclared is failing because of HudsonBuildTools referencing RB and
>> Gofer. I made a version where I only kept HDReport and HDTestReport and it
>> just works.
>
> Great - if you send that stripped down version my way I'll update the
> CI scripts accordingly.

I uploaded my modified HudsonBuildTools.st and tests.st here:
http://leves.web.elte.hu/squeak/jenkins

HudsonBuildTools.st is stripped down and sets/restores #authorInitials
automatically. tests.st uses MC to find the packages to be tested and
doesn't set #authorInitials anymore, since it's done by HudsonBuildTools.

Levente