[squeak-dev] Re: Why would you choose Squeak today?

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 16:51:11 UTC 2012

On 12-09-24 12:04 PM, Joseph J Alotta wrote:
> How come nobody mentions gnu smalltalk as a possibility?

GNU Smalltalk almost never posts on this list. It's been years. I have
no idea what they've been up to. I suppose if I read the Planet Squeak
blog I might know.
The only thing I can remember about GNU Smalltalk is one of the
developers saying on Squeak-dev that he felt that GNU was maligned by
other Smalltalks. And that was years ago.

Why do you you make a case for GNU Smalltalk here on Squeak-dev? And
then tell the people at GNU Smalltalk to post news about themselves here
on a regular basis? I'm sure something could come up that I could use
for The Weekly Squeak blog.

I don't know anything about GNU Smalltalk. If they posted here, I hardly
think it would be unwelcome. But I don't feel it's my responsibility to
find out what they're up to, either.

Why do you use GNU Smalltalk?

Chris