[squeak-dev] Altitude - Seaside JSON example

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 12:19:39 UTC 2012

On 12-09-29 8:13 AM, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
> Re: [squeak-dev] Altitude - Seaside JSON example
>

> On 9/29/12 7:56 AM, "Chris Cunnington" <smalltalktelevision at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>     The Xtras package in Xtreams uses libcrypto. The EVP_MD_CTX_init
>     error is saying that the FFI call to the libcrypto library that
>     comes with OpenSSH cannot be found. This library is used by
>     Altitude to generate random URLs.
>
>      Open your Terminal and "man openssl" to see if you have
>     libcrypto. I think it comes standard on a Mac. If that's the case,
>     then perhaps your FFI cannot make the call to the library.
>
>      Chris
>
>     Very thanks for fast response.
>     Terminal said have openssl.
>     Go to found the mac book air which have the latest Mountain Lion
>     and see what's happen
>
>     Thanks to you , Colin and all which is working on this,
>     Nice to see finally Xtreams found his way into Squeak
>
>     Edgar
>
> I have same on OS X 10.8.2.
> How I could have Altitude examples working on Mac ?
>
> Very thanks

I have a Mac with 10.7.2. I've never had a problem with Altitude on Mac.
I've encountered problems on Linux due to the FFI. Run your tests for
FFI. Are they all green?

The issue, I'd say, is what VM you're using. Try a one of the latest
versions of Cog:

http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/

Chris