[squeak-dev] [Vm-dev] Accelerating LargeIntegersPlugin phase 2

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Tue Apr 2 15:47:28 UTC 2013

Hi Nicolas,

>Sure, historical reasons count, but why stopping at micro-processor era and
>not a few centuries back?
>If only european would have understood and adopted the true arabic number
>notation, our world would be dominated by little endian anyway ;)

If that were the case, I would be fine with little endian.  My complaint
has more to do with the confusion it caused for what I see as very little
gain.

>Speaking of communications, I note that the least significant bit in a byte
>is still sent first on a serial line, ethernet included, while we prefer
>sending most significant byte first in a 32-bit word, what a mess!

Yes:(

Lou