[squeak-dev] State of Squeak

mokurai at earthtreasury.org mokurai at earthtreasury.org
Wed Apr 10 16:45:02 UTC 2013

On Sun, April 7, 2013 9:06 am, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
> People of Squeak kingdom.
>
> I plan to do a State of Squeak presentation in URN Rosario 22/5/13.
>
> So I welcome feedback of issues to talk about.
>
> Obviously the first question is:
>
> What is a Squeak?
>
> 1. A program running the last 40 years on different OS and all class of
> computers.
> 2. A way to do things which you can¹t do in any other ³Language²
> 3. A refuge for rebels of Computer Companies and Web Based Business . They
> wish force you to waste money for you can do only some few things.

An enhancement of Alan Kay's Smalltalk, intended as the software for the
Dynabook computer for all schoolchildren, and hence

In the form of Etoys, a tool for empowerment of millions of children all
around the world via the One Laptop Per Child program.

(I am currently working on Vol. II of the Etoys Reference Manual, which
details the Etoys interface to the Squeak IDE browsers, inspectors, and so
on. http://booki.flossmanuals.net/etoys-reference-manual-vol-ii/_edit/ )

--
Edward Mokurai
(默雷/निशब्दगर्ज/نشبدگرج)