[squeak-dev] Ooh, it would be awesome to run Squeak on this

Stefan Marr smalltalk at stefan-marr.de
Tue Apr 16 16:39:59 UTC 2013

Hi:

On 16 Apr 2013, at 18:28, Jeff Gonis <jeff.gonis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sounds like a job for RoarVM! I know that they prototyped it on a Tilera board, and this is probably very different, but it would at least give you a head start in utilising all of those cores.

The Epiphany architecture is at least from a high-level perspective very similar to Tilera's. On top of that, the tool chain for the Parallella is pretty much the standard you'd expect. So, it should be fairly simple to get the RoarVM running. Getting it up to speed is the hard part.

Best regards
Stefan

--
Stefan Marr