[Pharo-project] [squeak-dev] Xtreams's FileDirectory dependence

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 09:42:34 UTC 2013

On 18 April 2013 01:42, Sean P. DeNigris <sean at clipperadams.com> wrote:
> Stéphane Ducasse wrote
>> We are really interested by Xtreams for replacing Pharo Streams.
>> Now we should evaluate again Xtreams.
>
> IIRC at ESUG the version on squeaksource is not up to date with the VW
> version, which is why we were working on handling namespace/prefix mapping
> in filetree/cypress...

How up to date is https://github.com/mkobetic/Xtreams/ ? That's surely
not the "canonical" repository, which would be in the Cincom Smalltalk
Public Repository. I think? Anyway, assuming it's up to date, one
promising approach to using Martin Kobetic's repository directly is:
* have a way of importing chunk format stuff from a GitHub repository
(see Squeak's inbox for my
doesn't-support-filetree-yet-but-can-do-chunk-format InstallerGitHub
(and I plan to submit a Gofer patch to do the same))
* load into an Environment (Squeak 4.5 can do this, modulo its alpha state).

It might even be possible to import into an Environment with the
prefix-adding import and then fileout/monticelloise the resulting
things as a prefix-using, non-Environments-requiring blob ready for
everyone to use.

frank