[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Graphics-fbs.209.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 09:41:12 UTC 2013

On 23 April 2013 10:34, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23 April 2013 09:50,  <commits at source.squeak.org> wrote:
>> Frank Shearar uploaded a new version of Graphics to project The Trunk:
>> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Graphics-fbs.209.mcz

>> Name: Graphics-fbs.209
>> Author: fbs
>> Time: 23 April 2013, 9:50:00.413 am
>> UUID: 4dd577f2-2a70-4e21-8efa-5847b3ad804c
>> Ancestors: Graphics-tpr.208
>>
>> #asGrafPort belongs in the Morphic package.
>>
>> =============== Diff against Graphics-tpr.208 ===============
>>
>> Item was removed:
>> - ----- Method: BitBlt class>>asGrafPort (in category 'instance creation') -----
>> - asGrafPort
>> -       "Return the GrafPort associated with the receiver"
>> -       ^GrafPort!
>
> I don't see why, but this and its pair Morphic-fbs-648 seem to have
> triggered a nasty bug in Cog r.2714.
>
> To trigger it,
> * clone https://github.com/frankshearar/squeak-ci/
> * open the Squeak4.5.image therein, with a (Linux) Cog r.2714
> * update it.
>
> Everything proceeds fine until installing this update.

I've pushed out a new config map, update-fbs.231, which loads Morphic
before Graphics, thus ensuring that there's always a #asGrafPort in
the image. I still don't like that Cog sprang a leak there, but at
least things are back on track.

All I'd wanted to do was move a method from one package to another: I
really hadn't expected to completely smash updating. Is there anything
I could have done before pushing to trunk to prevent this?

frank