[squeak-dev] Metacello Preview

DeNigris Sean sean at clipperadams.com
Tue Apr 23 16:15:40 UTC 2013

[cross posted to pharo-project and squeak-dev]

Dale has done some really cool work on Metacello! From the original announcement at http://forum.world.st/Metacello-Preview-release-1-0-beta-32-2-td4642064.html :
> The Metacello Preview release provides the following features:
>
>  - Metacello Scripting API (user guide[1] and reference[2])
>  - Metacello-Base package for inclusion in Squeak/Pharo base images
>  - support for git and GitHub (filetree:// and github:// repository loaded)

In typical Dale fashion, he wants to provide our community with as much value as possible, so he's been tentative to release his "preview" version until he gets feedback from users and can tailor it to our real-world needs.

I feel, after checking with Dale, that integrating the preview into Pharo and Squeak trunk now will provide a balance between exposure and malleability, to make sure we have an API we'll all love by the next respective releases.

Cheers,
Sean