[squeak-dev] BeagleBoard SBC

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Apr 24 01:14:05 UTC 2013

On 23-04-2013, at 5:58 PM, Open Slate <openslateproj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Will Squeak run on this? Let's assume it is running Ubuntu.
>
> http://beagleboard.org/Products/BeagleBone%20Black

Since it is very similar to a Pi, assuming the OS support is ok, then the plain interpreter will run, just as it does on the Pi. It will perform similarly; a bit faster than a stock Pi and about the same as my overclocked Pi. I'm having trouble seeing whether it is a dual-core chip or not; CorTexA8 can be either. The supported video out doesn't seem quite as good as Pi - I run 1600x1200 32bpp with no problem but the bone appears to be limited to 1440x900 on that page.

If you want a faster ARM board you might look at things like the cubieboard (cubieboard.org), APC Paper (http://apc.io/products/paper/), the pandaboard (http://www.pandaboard.org/content/resources/references) etc. There are some 1.7GHz boards I've seen around too. Ah, here's one - http://www.hardkernel.com/renewal_2011/products/prdt_info.php

tim
All wiyht.  Rho sritched mg kegtops awound?