Only 5 failing tests! (was Re: [squeak-dev] Tests broken because of ToolSet dependencies)

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 08:55:51 UTC 2013

On 25 April 2013 07:41, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25 April 2013 03:31, Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu> wrote:
>> On Wed, 24 Apr 2013, Frank Shearar wrote:
>>
>>> So I wrote a very basic CommandLineToolSet (please! save me and
>>> suggest a better name!). It can "debug" errors by dumping a stack
>>> trace to stderr and kill the image.
>>>
>>> So now the CI tests use this, and the following tests fail:
>>>
>>> ToolsTests.Browser.BrowseTest.testBrowseClass
>>> ToolsTests.Browser.BrowseTest.testBrowseHierarchyClass
>>> ToolsTests.Browser.BrowseTest.testBrowseHierarchyInstance
>>> ToolsTests.Browser.BrowseTest.testBrowseHierarchyMataclass
>>> ToolsTests.Browser.BrowseTest.testBrowseInstance
>>> ToolsTests.Browser.BrowseTest.testBrowseMetaclass
>>> ToolsTests.Browser.DependencyBrowserTest.testBrowse
>>> ToolsTests.Inspector.WeakSetInspectorTest.testSymbolTableM6812
>>>
>>> That's because these tests actually want the StandardToolSet. One idea
>>> that occurs to me is to use a #setUp/#tearDown combo to re-set the
>>> ToolSet. That comes at the risk of things blowing up in a test causing
>>> CI jobs to hang; the very reason I wrote the CommandLineToolSet.
>>>
>>> So before I do that, any other ideas? Essentially I'm looking for a
>>> scoped ToolSet change. I think?
>>

>> What about making CommandLineToolSet a subclass of StandardToolSet? That way
>> everything would work unless there's an error.
>
> Yes, I suppose I could do that. It would certainly scratch my current
> itch. Thanks!
>
> The other option is to fill out the ToolSet protocol with empty
> methods. But that wouldn't be very least-surprise-ish.

Yep, we're down to 5 failing tests!

Only one of those is Environments related -
Tests.Release.ReleaseTest.testMethodsWithUnboundGlobals - which times
out because it's trying to concatenate the world's biggest string.

Actually, Tests.Bugs.ClassRemovalTest.testClassRemovalAndRecompilationWontCreateDuplicateVariableBinding
might be Environment related.