[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Tools-fbs.461.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 08:52:11 UTC 2013

On 30 April 2013 09:46,  <commits at source.squeak.org> wrote:
> Frank Shearar uploaded a new version of Tools to project The Inbox:
> http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Tools-fbs.461.mcz

> Name: Tools-fbs.461
> Author: fbs
> Time: 30 April 2013, 9:46:27.007 am
> UUID: 6b338c44-87ea-4b4a-9059-833bcd2545ed
> Ancestors: Tools-fbs.460
>
> Clean up the "JIT development" flow. On hitting the "create" button in response to a MessageNotUnderstood, NotYetImplemented or SubclassResponsibility,
> * a MNU prompts the user for a class and category, pushes a stub method onto the call stack and debugs it;
> * a NYI debugs the context with the #notYetImplemented/#shouldBeImplemented;
> * a SR prompts the user for a class (between and including the receiver class and the superclass whose method has the #subclassResponsibility), categorises the new method the same as the superclass's, pushes a stub onto the call stack and debugs that stub.
>
> In all cases, resumption lets methods _return_ values down the stack.
>
> =============== Diff against Tools-fbs.460 ===============

This addresses http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7761, among other
things. It's in Inbox because it's quite a large commit, and it
touches the Debugger. I'd like a second pair of eyes on it.

Note that there's a #populateImplementInMenu: touched above. It has no
senders, I can't find any methods whose source contains the selector.
Removing it is outside the scope of _this_ commit. Perhaps it can just
be moved to 45Deprecated, and we can GC it at some point.

frank