[squeak-dev] Morph layout madness

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Aug 1 01:40:49 UTC 2013

On 31-07-2013, at 6:25 PM, Bob Arning <arning315 at comcast.net> wrote:

> am right: m right - 10
>
> sets the right edge of am before am has adjusted its size base on its submorphs. Add the line marked above. Normally you would let the alignment-style properties ripple down and up the tree and all would be cool. Your insertion of manual positioning needed the extra step.

OK, that even makes sort of sense. Thank you for saving my hairline!

Now, as my supplemental question, how *should* it be done to avoid the manual fudge? Let's say I want several buttons stacked up against the left edge of my main morph, then a group of buttons that will keep their left edge aligned with another morph below this row, then another group of buttons stacked with their collective right edge near the right edge of my main morph? I'm sort of seeing some possible ways but to be honest this layout stuff is pretty opaque unless you have done a fair bit of it.

tim
Strange OpCodes: BZR: Branch if piZza Ready