[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Collections-nice.527.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 10:16:54 UTC 2013

On 30 July 2013 13:13, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30 July 2013 02:17, Nicolas Cellier
> <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hmm it looks like some UTF8 mess
>> I did only change Base64MimeConverter... Did I break it?
>
> Yep, I'm afraid so. When it loads it throws a SyntaxError:
>
> asCharacter
> "Answer the receiver's first character, or '*' if none.
> Idiosyncratic, provisional."
>
> ^ self size > 0 ifTrue: [self first] ifFalse:[$·Argument expected ->]
>
> Is that supposed to be a middle dot just before "Argument" ? Note how
> the original source doesn't show the A-with-caret.

So I removed the A-with-caret character and tried to proceed. I then
get an MNU in String class(Behavior)>>basicAddSelector:withMethod:
because the with withMethod: parameter is nil.

If I inspect the MethodAddition it looks malformed. The text is the
"broken" original text. I'd expected that fixing the SyntaxError would
correct the original source, or at least make later parts of the
process use the corrected source.

Tim, is this kind've like the thing you were seeing with SyntaxErrors
in load scripts?

frank