[squeak-dev] [ANN] MCInfoProxy

Chris Cunningham cunningham.cb at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 17:16:44 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Chris Muller <ma.chris.m at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 11:39 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>wrote:
>
>> It happens to not find "XML-Parser-Alexandre_Bergel.20". No idea why it's
>> trying to look for that. Not all merged versions are in trunk, by design.
>>

> The original MC documentation says ALL versions are intended to be
> contained by repositories.  I have no idea what "design" you're talking
> about.

so, all versions are in a repository somewhere.  Maybe in SqueakSource (now
read only?), SmalltalkHub, GitHub, SS3, or even on my local file directory
repository.  Not all of those are shared - or constantly attached to the
image you are working with.  The machinery needs to work with missing
versions - which Monticello does - it just goes farther back until it can
find a common ancestor.

I'm probably missing something, but couldn't the proxy resolve itself with
the data contained in the .mcz should it need to?  The data is there in the
first place, and should be easier to get at than web calls to repositories
(or directory scans, for that matter).

-Chris