[squeak-dev] [ANN] MCInfoProxy

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Aug 16 16:09:58 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-15, at 17:39, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:

> It's not quite bullet-proof yet: log of DNU attached. It fails to find a certain info, which causes all kinds of problems.
>
> Also, something apparently tries to materialize infos in the background. Possibly updating MC browsers, not sure. This leads to very strange and hard to get-rid-of notifiers:
>
> <PastedGraphic-2.png>
>
> (these updating bars used to be very rare, like once per session, recently they pop up multiple times for many operations, but I've never before had 2 on the screen at the same time)
>
> - Bert -
>
> <SqueakDebug.log>

I tried to rescue my image that got broken by choosing "flush cached versions". Manually downloaded Monticello-cmm.560.mcz, tried to merge in using a file list. Didn't help, because even merging needs access to the infos. And it's a pain in the neck to debug because just opening a debugger tries to materialize the proxy again which results in an error again.

This is what I mean by "fragile" and "unneeded complexity".

- Bert -