[squeak-dev] Monticello Workflow

Jeff Gonis jeff.gonis at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 17:58:31 UTC 2013

Hi Levente and Chris,

Thank you for the replies.  Just as a final follow-up is this correct:
Copying the merged mcz up to the remote server just sends the mcz as is to
the server.  This means that there is a chance that my co-worker has
uploaded another change to the server that is not taken into account by my
merged mcz.  In this case I should merge those two mcz's and then save (or
copy?) that to the server.  I occasionally see commit messages to the list
saying "merged changes", and I am assuming that this is what has happened
in this case?

To summarize my question: If I am copying mcz's to the server, what is the
correct way to deal with changes on the server that are more recent that
the changes I am copying? Merge them on the server? Pull those changes
down, merge on my own repository and then copy? Something else.

Thanks again for all your help. I think that nailing down this workflow for
Monticello will really help me and perhaps I can contribute some
documentation based on these emails.

Jeff