[squeak-dev] Interaction with Sugar on Ubuntu.

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Wed Dec 4 15:13:11 UTC 2013

Yesterday Gustavo Duarte wrote
> I installed last version of Etoys:
> http://etoys.squeak.org/download/Etoys-To-Go-5.0.1-RC4.zip on machine
>
> The problem that we are having is, when from Etoys, when I trying to save
> the project, journal option isn't showed on menu.

Welcome Gustavo!

I am sorry, I haven't the bandwidth to try the versions you need, and
I don't know the
relevant classes deeply. Instead I had a quick look at Etoys 5.0 in
Sugar 0.98 in Fedora 19. You may already have tried this:

Print

  SugarLauncher new isRunningInSugar

That should be true. If it is false, the navigator flap will not show
the journal buttons.

If it is false, then print

  SmalltalkImage current extractParameters

It should be a dictionary that includes parameters set by the
Sugar launch script. In the older version of Sugar I have here, they
are ACTIVITY_ID, BUNDLE_ID, BUNDLE_PATH, SQUEAKLETS

If not, I would suggest a look at the python and shell scripts that
launch Etoys.

Have fun! David

p.s. I expect your question will be welcome on the etoys-dev mailing list: