[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-dev] It would be too expensive to add a description for packages in Configuration Browser?

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 23:26:15 UTC 2013

> This is such a gaping hole in Monticello.  I hope Pharo and Squeak can

I don't see it as a Monticello responsibility.  MC should remain
concerned solely with SCM.  Configuration should be handled one layer
above it.  Whether by Metacello, SqueakMap, Installer, PackageInfo,
Universes or something else of the configurators choice.

> implement this compatibly.  I hope the repository web interfaces can display
> the latest version of the package description too.

Which package do you mean by "the package"?  Currently, package
version comments _are_ already displayed by the web-interface.  (So,
this supports that we should not let the SCM tool dual as a
Configurator).