[squeak-dev] The Trunk: MorphicExtras-nice.130.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 21:13:24 UTC 2013

On 8 December 2013 20:43, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
> MorphicExtras is "extras" so we can expect it to depend on myriad
> other packages.  I'm surprised you and Frank aren't harping on such a
> "catch-all" package.

Because it's irrelevant. System is a far more difficult problem, and
actually necessary. One thing at a time. I'll get to it.

> I thought to test the waters of making it a dynamic-dependency.

I _hate_ dynamic dependencies. They will make my work impossible. At
least direct dependencies on classes make it possible to track what
depends on what.

OK. After I've calmed down from my state of hyperventilation, what
exactly do you mean by "dynamic dependency"? The #at:ifPresent: idiom
is already problematic enough, even if I can see half its point.

frank