[squeak-dev] The Trunk: MorphicExtras-nice.130.mcz

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 21:37:11 UTC 2013

A few things:
1) PaintBoxMorph new is cloning a Prototype much like the self way.
2) above code is memorizing how the prototype was once initialized.
2.a) it will never be invoked again, unless we recreate a whole image
2.b) it does so partially... It does tell which file, but not from which
server.
The information of well known update server is no more in the image.
You could find ftp.squeak.org recently in Utilities before I removed the
class var...
... but ftp.squeak.org doesn't seem to know about colorPalClosed.obj.
3) I don't see an updateStream dependency in Installer core, only a
dependency on its successor MCMcmUpdater

2.a) makes me think we don't need something complex.
2.b) makes me think it's time to replace/update the initialize mechanism

I looked at the cached images, it's about 35kbytes, 16kBytes zipped.
A possible alternative is to directly store those bytes in some literal
(string -> uudecode -> unzip -> bits).