[squeak-dev] Re: Build.squeak.org and squeaksource.com in danger (was Re: [Box-Admins] Disk space usage on box3)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Dec 8 22:18:19 UTC 2013

On Sun, Dec 08, 2013 at 09:02:28PM +0000, Frank Shearar wrote:

> Er. I explicitly decided to produce versioned artifacts that a human
> would assess for quality. I stand by that decision. You _should_ be
> able to easily go and say "Well, version N is crap, but N - 2 is just
> fine. Let's just go with that."

I want to ask specifically with respect to the SqueakTrunk job, which is
set up to do this:

  Take a base image (currently 4.5-12565), update it, archive the result.
  Run the entire suite of in-image tests.

For that job, do we want to archive all build artifacts, or is it instead
sufficient to discard all but the last successful/stable artifact to save
disk space?

I would like to make the following changes to the SqueakTrunk job
configuration:

1) Archive just the TrunkImage.zip, not all of TrunkImage.*

2) Enable the "Discard all but the last successful/stable artifact to save
disk space" option.

3) Enable the "Abort the build if it's stuck" option, with a timeout
of 30 minutes.

Is it OK to do this for the SqueakTrunk job?

Dave