[squeak-dev] Seaside and/or SqueakSource question

Balázs Kósi kosi.balazs at ezomer.hu
Mon Dec 9 12:59:06 UTC 2013

Hi Dave,

The thing ultimately responsible for displaying "Squeak Development" at the
top of the squeaksource page is the SSGenericFrame's class instance
variable named Logo, and you can change it with SSGenericFrame >> makeLogo:

I've discovered this via the following steps:

Opened up squeaksource.com with chrome, right-clicked on "Squeak
Development" and selected "Inspect Element" from the context menu.

It shows that the responsible part for displaying "Squeak Development" in
the html is the <div id="top">...</div> tag, and that
it has a background css property associated via its id: #top { ...
background: url("/@k9MDSLXvXkJLBWh5") ... }

I've loaded SqueakSource-bf.1066 into an image, and looked for the string
'#top'. This popped up the SSGenericFrame >> renderStyleTopOn: method. I've
followed through the message sends, and finally arrived at the Logo class
instance variable.

HTH,
Balazs