[squeak-dev] Package name prefix-matching (was: modularity goals (was: The Trunk: ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1.mcz))

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 20:10:21 UTC 2013

n 10 December 2013 00:21, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> PS -- Since it was for aesthetic reasons, it would be better and more
>>> consistent if it were named "ToolBuilder-Tests" instead of
>>> "ToolBuilderTests".
>>
>> Sure, but then Monticello forces you to have as many packages as there are
>> ToolBuilder-Foo thingies, right?  That's ok for ToolBuilder, but for Tools
>
> I was talking about ToolBuilder-*, not Tools.  The other packages in
> the family are
>
>   ToolBuilder-Morphic
>   ToolBuilder-MVC
>   ToolBuilder-SUnit
>
> Whoa!  ALL of which have no definitions!  Frank is this something you
> modularized out?  So we should somehow remove these WorkingCopy's from
> the trunk image.  Via some postscript perhaps?

Nah, I just did the wrong thing. Worse, I even paused to think about
the package name before doing the wrong thing. The question is: how to
rename the package? It's trivial to rename the package through the UI.
But now I have a ToolBuilderTests-fbs.2. Is the right thing to do the
following?:
* rename the mcz to ToolBuilder-Tests-fbs.2
* copy that to trunk
* change the config map to reference this instead of ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1

frank