[squeak-dev] Package name prefix-matching (was: modularity goals (was: The Trunk: ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1.mcz))

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 22:37:12 UTC 2013

On 10 December 2013 22:30, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
> That won't help.  There are two files "version" & "package" in the mcz that know what the package is really called.  If you write a tool to rewrite those u may get lucky but easier is to rename in the Monticello browser or write a script to do the same in the image.

I did that. Right click, rename package, then save. That results in a
ToolBuilderTests-fbs.2 with the correct changes (as in the system
categories have been changed). But I suspect that having a package
"ToolBuilder-Tests" in mczs named "ToolBuilderTests" will wreak havoc
with developers and tools alike.

One option is to roll back time, and
* revert to the pre-split ToolBuilder-Kernel,
* delete the ToolBuilderTests mczs from trunk,
* resplit with the correct name,
* adjust the config

Except. Except that Levente issued a new config map, so we have at
least two config maps containing "ToolBuilderTests", so deleting mczs
is a really bad idea.

frank

frank