[squeak-dev] The Trunk: System-fbs.641.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 00:27:08 UTC 2013

This preference causes the image to interrupt the user with a modal
question upon starting!  Now _I'm_ starting to hyperventilate!

All this code.  And String literals.  And more modal #inform:
interrupts.  (Shudder)  And right at the time when the user has
inertia enough toward a purpose, his reason to start the image, an
"intent" to do something else, is now interrupted by the stupid
software with a modal question.

Not even MS Windows punishes its users this harshly.

If you want to tell in image to update upon launch, pass in a command
argument to do that!

Or, simply press Control+1, down, down, Enter.  3 extra keystrokes is
worth the freedom of staying in control, and ridding the image of this
embarassing scourge of a UI.

I'm getting my buzzsaw...