[squeak-dev] Logging from the Compiler

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 19:43:19 UTC 2013

> I like the Announcements route.  SystemChangeNotifier is a dog.
>  Compatibility with Pharo is in the long-term very important

Freedom from Pharo constraints is even more important.

(but it has to be a two-way street, and not blind).

I don't believe Pharo will ever be interested in a two-way street of
compatibility with Squeak.  If anything, the opposite.  Neither group is
interested in feeling constrained by the other.  The Pharo fork happened
for good reasons.

We should pursue our own wildest imaginations, not follow Pharo.  We should
steal components of Pharo which offer the kind of functional leverage
ratio's appropriate for Squeak.

PS -- None of the above should imply I'm against Announcements.  I know
nothing about it other than its Listener Pattern le Grande.  Hopefully not
too heavyweight..