[squeak-dev] The Trunk: System-fbs.641.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 20:05:29 UTC 2013

That is a really great site.  I was able to find it in under 30 seconds:

============
"Change Set:        loadUpdates-mir
Date:            4 March 2005
Author:            Michael Rueger, Goran Krampe

Change the auto start mechanism's update loading to suggest loading updates
in a release image.
If the preference #updateFromServerAtStartup is set (it would be in a
release image) the user is prompted if he/she wants to check for updates.
There is now a third option to disable that option for later starts."
=========

So, this actually provides some good context -- they wanted to make it as
easy and obvious as possible for first-time users to ensure they get the
latest bug fixes the first time they start the *release* image.  In that
context, and with the "Don''t ask again" option, this makes some sense..