[squeak-dev] Emergency evaluator broken?

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 20:25:40 UTC 2013

On 12 December 2013 20:18, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12 December 2013 20:17, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 12 December 2013 19:57, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Move Transcripter to ST80.
>>>
>>> Then check for presence of class named #Transcripter in
>>> Object>>#primitiveError: to determine whether to present and accept that
>>> option.
>>
>> ... and also get an emergency evaluator working in Morphic.
>
> I'll do the class moving, but I'm not tackling Morphic.

Or not, because moving the class is the wrong thing to do. Instead,
the _right_ thing to do is to make a MorphicTranscripter and an
St80Transcripter. The latter is just Transcripter with a new name, and
the new Transcripter is an AppRegistry subclass, presumably in
System-Applications. Morphic and ST80 then register their preferred
Transcripter-protocol-fulfiller.