[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Collections-dtl.548.mcz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Dec 13 12:57:42 UTC 2013

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 07:42:28AM +0000, Frank Shearar wrote:
> On 12 December 2013 23:58,  <commits at source.squeak.org> wrote:
> > David T. Lewis uploaded a new version of Collections to project The Trunk:
> > http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Collections-dtl.548.mcz

> > Name: Collections-dtl.548
> > Author: dtl
> > Time: 12 December 2013, 6:58:08.878 pm
> > UUID: b167353b-b9ab-4911-8168-c5f184cab62a
> > Ancestors: Collections-ul.547
> >
> > Transcripter>>initInFrame: should do nothing when not in MVC
> >
> > =============== Diff against Collections-ul.547 ===============
> >
> > Item was changed:
> >   ----- Method: Transcripter>>initInFrame: (in category 'initialization') -----
> >   initInFrame: rect
> > +       Smalltalk at: #Paragraph ifPresent: [:classParagraph | "MVC"
> > +               frame := rect insetBy: 2.  "Leave room for border"
> > +               para := classParagraph withText: self contents asText
> > +                                       style: TextStyle default
> > +                                       compositionRectangle: ((frame insetBy: 4) withHeight: 9999)
> > +                                       clippingRectangle: frame
> > +                                       foreColor: self black backColor: self white]!
> > -       frame := rect insetBy: 2.  "Leave room for border"
> > -       (Smalltalk hasClassNamed: #Paragraph)
> > -               ifFalse: [^ self inform: 'MVC class Paragraph not present'].
> > -       para := (Smalltalk at: #Paragraph) withText: self contents asText
> > -                               style: TextStyle default
> > -                               compositionRectangle: ((frame insetBy: 4) withHeight: 9999)
> > -                               clippingRectangle: frame
> > -                               foreColor: self black backColor: self white!
>
> Well, that definitely stops a DNU and such when running in Morphic
> (yay!) but it still won't work in a non-MVC/Morphic world. That's when
> you accused me of overengineering, David :)

Yes you're right, I meant that with a smiley, sorry :)

I also made a mistake when I tested it, I didn't have MVC completely
unloaded. Hmmm, the unload procedure in #unloadReloadablePackages does
not seem to work, at least not if MVC projects exist in the image.

The full MVC removal used to be in #unloadAllKnownPackages, which is no
longer in the image. The MVC removal in #unloadReloadablePackages seems to
be focused only on removing code, not on doing the full removal. Presumably
that is the intent, but do we also have a method elsewhere that does what
#unloadAllKnownPackages used to do?

Dave