[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Collections-dtl.548.mcz

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.com
Sat Dec 14 20:10:32 UTC 2013

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 11:06 AM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com>wrote:

(a) The emergency evaluator's there _for good reason_.
> (b) We HAVE two UI frameworks right now. They're part of the standard
> image.
> (c) "Stripped" 4.5 base images do not have ST80, so this code is broken.
> (d) To fix it _requires_ two separate UI implementations because of point
> (b).

I thought the point of the emergency evaluator was that it the fewest
dependencies possible. Since it scribbles directly on the Display, it
should work independently of any UI, and thus be useful when the UI is
broken.

If the EE currently depends on MVC, then we remove that dependency, rather
than just generalize the dependency to MVC-or-Morphic. We could either
rewrite the bit that depends on MVC, or move the functionality that it does
depend on out of MVC and into a lower-level part of the system.

Colin