[squeak-dev] 4.5 -- Tests status looking good!

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 22:33:39 UTC 2013

I'm trying to get a picture of our state of quality (for release) in
terms of our tests.

Here are failing tests in Trunk (as debuggable expressions):

1.  (CompiledMethodTest selector: #testMethodClass) debug.
2.  (ExceptionTests selector: #testHandlerFromAction) debug.
3.  (LocaleTest selector: #testLocaleChanged) debug.
4.  (MCEnvironmentLoadTest selector: #testLoadIntoEnvironment) debug.
5.  (MethodHighlightingTests selector: #testMethodHighlighting) debug.
6.  (MultiByteFileStreamTest selector: #testLineEndingChunk) debug.
7.  (PackageDependencyTest selector: #testMorphic) debug.
8.  (PackageDependencyTest selector: #testSUnitGUI) debug.
9.  (ReleaseTest selector: #testMethodsWithUnboundGlobals) debug.
10.  (ReleaseTest selector: #testNoObsoleteClasses) debug.
11.  (ReleaseTest selector: #testSwapMouseButtonsPreference) debug.
12.  (ReleaseTest selector: #testUndeclared) debug.
13.  (ST80PackageDependencyTest selector: #testST80) debug.
14.  (SocketTest selector: #testLocalAddress) debug.
15.  (SocketTest selector: #testRemoteAddress) debug.
16.  (WeakSetInspectorTest selector: #testSymbolTableM6812) debug.

==========

* 1.  No idea.  Something about Obsolete classes.  Help needed!
2.  Old problem.  Fails in 4.4.
3.  Fails in 4.4 too.
* 4.  "Environment has no binding for MCMockClassA".  No idea.
* 5.  Did method highlighting change?  Is the test wrong or broken?  Eliot?
6.  Something Nicolas noticed which is a problem in 4.4 too.  So,
should not hold up 4.5.
* 7 and 8:  ToolBuilder-Tests goof.  Frank fixing now.
* 9 and 10:  Several Obsolete classes.  What is an Obsolete class, how
to get rid of it, and why did I want it in the first place?
11.  My personal pref, will fix before release.
* 12.  More Obsolete classes.  They're Undeclared.
* 13.  Same as 7 and 8.
14 and 15:  are issues with my local address being [127 0 1 1] vs.
[127 0 0 1].  Same failure happens in 4.4.  Not a show-stopper.
16.  This is an issue with Inspector.  I can take this one!

* = must be fixed prior to release.

Chris:  11, 16
Colin:  4
Eliot:  5
Frank:  7, 8, 13
Volunteer:  1, 9, 10, 12

So, we are looking GOOD tests-wise for release.  If Colin and Eliot
can fix 4 and 5, and we can get volunteers for those other 4 (which
seem to be related to each other), then I think we'll be almost ready!

Someone who knows about Undeclareds and Obsoletes, please step up and
help Squeak 4.5 become a reality!