[squeak-dev] Why is #String->String an Alias?

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 00:53:52 UTC 2013

Previous version of Association>>asBinding: could have created the Alias...

By evaluating this:

Smalltalk globals instVarNamed: 'references' put: IdentityDictionary new.
Symbol rehash. "Argh this should not be necessary but I got two instances
of the same Symbol"
Compiler recompileAll.
Smalltalk garbageCollect.
Alias allInstances size.

the number of Alias felt from 45 to 6 in my image, presumably some closure.