[squeak-dev] would it be fun to implement Squeak (and SPOON!) on this hardware?

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Fri Dec 20 14:04:52 UTC 2013

I just bought a Teensy 3.1 from pjrc.com. Its got an ARM overclocked at 96
MHz, with 256 KB of FLASH, and 64 KB of RAM, plus a huge pile of hardware
features built in. It was $20, and looks like one of those old basic
stamps. Right now I'm programming it with the Arduino IDE, but its another
platform that would be cool to run something like Little Smalltalk or Spoon
on.

I also have a Spark Core sitting on my desk. It is slightly lower-spec in
terms of processing power than the Teensy 3.1, but it has a built-in wifi
core.

Here's a pic of the two devices side by side:

http://www.huv.com/Spark-Teensy.jpg

Awesome stuff!

- Jon