[squeak-dev] Re: Environment's #classNamed:

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 19:33:09 UTC 2013

On 20 December 2013 16:48, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:
> I started playing around with Environments. I thought I could do
> something like this:
>
> | either |
> either := Environment named: 'EitherEnv'.
> [(MCCacheRepository default loadVersionFromFileNamed:
> 'Either-fbs.9.mcz') load] on: EnvironmentRequest do: [:e | e resume:
> either].
> either

It's possible that the above example is simply bogus - #named: takes a
_Symbol_ parameter, not a String. (Important, because Environment
tracks all its instances in an IdentityDictionary, and of source
'this' == 'this' is false.

Anyway, my original question stands - should #classNamed: search
through an Environment's references or not?

frank