[squeak-dev] Catching up to the 80s

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 22:47:53 UTC 2013

http://peaker.github.io/lamdu/

It's an IDE for Haskell that aims to bring to Haskell programmers what
we've enjoyed for ages. There might be some things in there that we
don't do yet, that might be worth "borrowing".

We don't have a real structural editor, for instance. Not a trivial
piece of work either, mind you.

It's obviously (Haskell!) centred around leveraging the benefits of
functional programming. Smalltalk traditionally doesn't use functional
techniques (referential transparency, I'm looking at you), and so side
effects cause a drastic deviation from some of the techniques lamdu
will be able to use.

Anyway, it's nice to see the ideas spreading. Please take a look, and
see if you can see anything we can borrow!

frank