[squeak-dev] The new release is hot

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 13:10:41 UTC 2013

Forgive my wasting a bit of bandwidth here. I just wanted to say that I'm very pleased with the discussion I've seen around the new release, and the efforts that have gone into it.

I'm really glad that folks decided to embrace Environments. I do look forward to naming my classes whatever I want and not worrying about global namespace collisions. This is one of the biggest complaints I've seen pitching Squeak in corporate environments. I'd actually like to use this system at work, so that's a big deal to me.

I'm also really pleased with the effort around disentangling all of the circular dependencies. Squeak has needed this for a long time.

So basically: thanks everyone, this is fantastic work, and the future is a little brighter than it was before.

Also: is there anything that I can do to help out with the upcoming release? Figured I'd see about giving something back to folks who read all the way to the bottom of this post. Do we have release notes yet? Etcetera...

--Casey