[squeak-dev] More on Trunk.

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 13:07:44 UTC 2013

On 29 December 2013 12:27, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> the current trunk image cannot be opened in the official[1]
> Squeak Interpreter VM:
>
> /Applications/Squeak\ 4.2.5beta1U.app/Contents/MacOS/Squeak\ VM\ Opt /Users/tobias/Downloads/TrunkImage/Squeak4.5-13148.image
> This interpreter (vers. 0) cannot read image file (vers. 6505).
> Press CR to quit...
>
> What should we do?

Be more specific, for starters :) "The current trunk image" - which
image? From which build, or from the ftp.squeak.org site?

I'd like "official" to mean "the build artifact of the
ReleaseSqueakTrunk job", but until I fix that (hopefully today!) that
approach won't work.

I suspect that you have Chris' image off the ftp site, because the
SqueakTrunk job produces images in the 6504 format, as _should_
ReleaseSqueakTrunk, were it not broken.

frank