[squeak-dev] unloadReloadablePackages

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Sun Dec 29 19:34:05 UTC 2013

Dear Squeakers

I give up.
For roughly 6 hours I try to shrink my image using
	Smalltalk unloadReloadablePackages

It simply does not work currently.
I have the said trunk image (Squeak4.5-13148#712) (NameVersion-Update#CIJob)
but with the obsoletes removed as I explained a few emails ago.

But to no avail.
* Sometimes (!) ReleaseBuilder retains some obsoletes.
  (removing the Obsoletes some time later with fixObsoleteReferences works, but
   mostly not during unload)
* same for VersionNumber-bla
* SMLoader always retains obsoletes
* Services-Base itches itself:
  When its ServiceRegistry's #isInteractive was unloaded,
  ServiceRegistry gets called again and calls #isInteractive
  on its current, resulting in an DNU.
  Issuing
	Smalltalk at: #SystemChangeNotifier ifPresent: [:scn | scn
		uniqueInstance noMoreNotificationsFor: ServiceRegistry].
  manually works, but not as a #preambleOfRemoval.

And now I gave up. If someone has, pleas send me a stripped image.
Tanks.

Best
	-Tobias
.