[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Environments-ul.43.mcz

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Mon Dec 30 17:20:19 UTC 2013

On Mon, 30 Dec 2013, Colin Putney wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 11:49 AM, Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu> wrote:
>
>       I think the above line is problematic. It by by-passes all the import/export logic.
>
> You're right, but this is somewhat intentional. Or do you want an imported class to shadow a class defined in your environment?
>

> Yes, if that's the way you've set up your imports.
>
> See http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2013-December/175497.html

In that case class renaming will have to be reviewed. If I have an
environment E with a class C, but I've imported the environment IE, which
also has a class C, and the C from IE shadows the C from E, then either we
shouldn't allow renaming C from E, or we should change the renaming code
to not modify references in E in this case.

Levente