[squeak-dev] MathMorphs still alive?

Edgar De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 13:49:50 UTC 2013

On 12/28/13 8:07 PM, "tim Rowledge" <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> For assorted reasons of no interest here I was looking at a copy of the
> nuBlueBook and actually got around to reading the chapters on MathMorphs & the
> plotter extensions. Fabulous stuff and potentially a useful app of their own
> for the Raspberry Pi as an educational tool. Does it still work in the current
> image? Anybody still caring for the code?
>
> tim
> --
> Strange OpCodes: VMB: Verify, then Make Bad

Here
http://imageshack.us/a/img607/5351/mih0.jpg

 you can see MahtMorphs working in the last version of 4.5 in the server

Recipe is simple.
In Monticello MCHttpRepository
    location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MathMorphsRevival'
    user: 'squeak'
    password: 'squeak'

Then load in order
MorphicWrappers-edc.3.mcz
Functions-zz.4.mcz

Aerial typing works

hit TAB in world, and in the Ballon popup type  : ThetaRhoPlotter example1
plo

I wish tanks to Caniglia team in UBA for create this , to Milan who help in
the Monticello version creation and former co workers Emilio Oca and German
Boccoleri for the help with the search and collect of disperse code at the
time.

Could be nice if any with math skills add more examples as the Cardiod made
for Milan.

> " Cardioid - see Famous Curves
> http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/Curves/Curves.html"
> "(Took me a bit to "get" that ThetaRho is 'polar coordinates' .. duh)"
> plotter := ThetaRhoPlotter new.
> plotter dotSize: 3.
> plotter drawSteps: 12.
>
> a := 10.
> cardioidFunction := Function fromBlock: [:theta | 2*a*(1 + theta cos)].
> plotter addFunction: cardioidFunction.
> plotter domain: (ClosedInterval from: 0 to: 2 * Float pi).
>
> plotter directDrawEnable: true.
> plotter plot asMorph openInWorld

Happy new year to Squeakers !!!
Edgar