[squeak-dev] Preferences ignoreStyleIfOnlyBold

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 16:48:53 UTC 2013

>> A preference to make "cut and pasting" of code easier?  And this on
>> top of the fact that we have a hot-key to remove all formatting
>> (Cmd+0).
>

> Yeah. You got a problem with cut-and-paste?
>

>> On top of that, Shout makes it irrelevant doesn't it?  It does not
>> appear Shout can even be disabled anymore --
>> #syntaxHighlightingAsYouType has no effect and no senders.
>

> Actually, I'd like to see the preference change to
> #ignoreStyleWhenPastingCode or something like that. With Shout, code is
> always styled, and it makes pasting it a pain.

Cut-and-pasting _should_ be painful, so you will be encouraged to
write factored code instead.  :)

You want to c&p that "self initialize" don't you?  Ha ha, just kidding!!  :-)

Besides, I don't think one hot-key Cmd+0 is all that painful anyway.

But wait!  If you're using Shout, how will you stop the method from
being styled as soon as you type the next character?

And, if you're not using Shout then "cut" will be cutting plain text anyway..

So, unless I'm missing something, this preference seems so useless its crazy.