[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Tests-fbs.280.mcz

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Dec 31 18:39:20 UTC 2013

On 31-12-2013, at 1:40 AM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 31 Dec 2013, at 1:51, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>

>> On 30-12-2013, at 2:47 PM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> But hey, if there's a better place than SystemBrowser for a preference
>>> called "browseWithPrettyPrint", I'm happy to move it.
>>
>> Move to category ‘trashcan’.
>
> David at least uses <curmudgeonAlert> tags :p
>
> More seriously, pretty printing implies a lot more than syntax highlighting: it implies a canonical text representation. That's not relevant to Chris' question, but is relevant to the preference, and what it does.

That’s cos Dave is much nicer than I am.

But seriously, that preference - so far as I can work out - seems redundant in the face of Shout being part of the system. Yes, Shout doesn’t re-format code (unless there is yet another preference somewhere?) but what it does quite well (even though I really don’t like it being done to my code) is of a similar function & purpose. The option to pretty print is still there in the menu(s).

tim
Strange OpCodes: MET: Misread and Eat Tape