[squeak-dev] [ANN] BioSqueak 0.4

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 14:35:11 UTC 2013

Hello Hernán

This is interesting.
http://biosmalltalk.blogspot.com/

I understand that you have constructed an internal domain specific
language (a DSL, a query language) for dealing with genetic data in
Smalltalk

search := BioNCBIWWWBlastClient new nucleotide query: 'CCCTCAAACAT...TTTGAGGAG';
   hitListSize: 150;
   filterLowComplexity;
   expectValue: 10;
   wordSize: 11;
   blastn;
   blastPlainService;
   alignmentViewFlatQueryAnchored;
   formatTypeXML;
   fetch.
search outputToFile: 'blast-query-result.xml' contents: search result.

Is there a description of this DSL? The data is kept in XML files and
all is read into the image to be queried. It seems that you don't have
a problem with the image size?

I would welcome a short writeup with a general introduction to what
you are doing in http://biosmalltalk.blogspot.com/.

Or pointers to papers (Castilian is fine)

Kind regards

Hannes Hirzel