64-bit VMs (was: [squeak-dev] I'm running)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Feb 2 22:31:55 UTC 2013

On Sat, Feb 02, 2013 at 10:12:31AM -0800, tim Rowledge wrote:

> On 02-02-2013, at 7:43 AM, "David T. Lewis" <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> >
> >  Meanwhile is is helping to keep primitives and
> > plugins synchronized between the two VMMaker branches.
>

> Sad Internet  Cat is sad that there are two branches.

If we didn't have two branches, then we would not have Cog at all, so
don't be sad about that :)

Yes it would be nice if we had more progress on merging the VMMaker
and platform sources branches, but it takes work. And the trouble with
work is that somebody has to actually do it.

I took my old Harley apart 20 years ago thinking it would be easy to
put it back together. But sometimes putting things back together takes
longer than you expected when you took them apart.

Dave