[squeak-dev] Re: Would anyone care for some noise?

David Faught dave.faught at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 13:22:34 UTC 2013

>>* Let me know if you'd like to make some noise!*
>Seems certainly useful to me. In fact, I'd be surprised if there wasn't an implementation in Croquet or Qwaq already.

Yes and no.  There may be another implementation somewhere too, but I
made one using the OpenCroquet base
mainly for the OpenGL code.  The problem is it was coded as a GLSL
fragment shader, so it was really fast but not

really Squeak code.  It was a part of the Procedural Textures project
that there is a video for at:

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBHbMxplM5c

There used to be a page describing the whole project on the Croquet
Consortium wiki, but that appears to be gone now.

The code was in the Hedgehog repository, which also appears to be
gone. I still have most of my notes, and I might
be able to dig up the code, if anyone is interested. The project was a
stab at something similar to Jerzy Karczmarczuk's

Clastic, only using Croquet OpenGL with a Tweak UI.

I strongly encourage you to look at Jerzy's Clastic tutorial paper,
which you can still find at:

  http://karczmarczuk.users.greyc.fr/Work/Clastic_distr/clastic.html

Cheers,

Dave