[squeak-dev] Towards SqueakCore (adjusting the GetText package)

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 09:04:02 UTC 2013

Bert,

You write the that InternalTranslator (one of the subclasses of the
abstract class NaturalLanguageTranslator) is obsolete, what was it
used for? Should we remove it?

The other subclass, GetTextTranslator is the one which is used, I assume?

What do others think about moving the class
   TextDomainManager from GetText-Localization to System-Localization
   , as well as the #translated* methods that use it?

For #translated I only see
   String translated    {*getText}
and
   ElementCategory translated

(Implementors)

There are 900 senders of #translated all over the place.

--Hannes