[squeak-dev] FloatMathPlugin status?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Feb 18 05:31:36 UTC 2013

As part of my "let's see what I haven't got around to yet" attack on the VM, I tried making the FloatMethPlugin on RISC OS.  I got bitten by the __LITTLE_ENDIAN define requirement, and the very odd seeming problem with isnan() but eventually go a plugin built. When trying to use the TestRunner to see it if worked I was a little startled to find it blew my VM out of the water without so much as a by-your-leave.

Googling doesn't bring up much that seems useful so I'm forced to throw myself on the collective memory of listers. Am  I wasting my time here - is it actually in use or about to become useful for general Squeak operations? Can anyone remember any implementation issues that might help me fix it? Why was isnan() an issue? Why do lions?

tim
Hardware: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.