[squeak-dev] [trunk][Fuel] can't serialize 'Smalltalk globals'

Max Leske maxleske at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 22:34:32 UTC 2013

On 20.02.2013, at 22:52, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:

> That's great to hear, Max!
>
> I've been following the conversation: so Smalltalk globals gets
> treated specially, but not just any old Environment, if I understand
> correctly. So even though right now noone's nesting Environments, they
> could, with no fuss.

Yes, exactly. Since Environment (and SystemDictionary) are laid out to allow for (technically) multiple instances, it should be possible to serialize these instances, even though there is usually only that one instance (at least with SystemDictionary in Pharo that is the case). You never know who's using your stuff and how :)

> Thanks again!

You're welcome