[squeak-dev] Mantis usage rules du jour

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 22:41:40 UTC 2013

On 22 February 2013 22:27, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
> I'm submitting a bug fix and thought I'd ask what the current favoured procedure is. Simply submitting is as irritating as it ever was in Mantis, but once I've done that, uploaded my fix and made a note about it… what do we do next?
>
> To whom might I assign it for action in getting into the image for the next release? Or is that done some other way now? Is there documentation on the current process that I failed to spot?

Mostly we do the wrong thing, which is commit directly to trunk or,
slightly less wrong, commit an mcz to the Inbox (MCHttpRepository
location: 'http://source.squeak.org/inbox' user: '' password: '').

So _I_ favour a bug report to Mantis
(http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7740 right?), and if it's small,
just commit it to trunk and record that in the tracker. (I find it
really, really useful to see the audit trail in Mantis. It might be
seriously ugly, but it beats an inbox every day.)

Ideally, there's a test accompanying the fix :) but Squeak has some
serious legacy stuff, and a test's infeasible.

frank